20 July 2012

A year in pictures 2012: Week 29

Friday 13 July


Beach day on the North Sea.





Saturday 14 July


Visited the American military cemetery in Luxembourg.
Amazing.





Sunday 15 July


Erick and I saw sunflowers by the side of the road around dusk. We just had to stop. To me it looks like the flowers are in front of a green screen for a movie. They sky looks so fake.





Monday 16 July


Triberg, Germany. I really wanted to get a picture of the falls all the way into the pool at the bottom, but there was a problem. This young teenage couple was in my way. No worries, right? I'll just wait five or ten or fifteen minutes for them to move. They kissed and kissed. They photographed themselves kissing some more. They never moved. So I did. And now I have the boys head in my shot. And no pool.





Tuesday 17 July


Burg Hohenzollern. Built by the king of Prussia. This is what a castle should be.





Wednesday 18 July


Konstanz, Germany. Looking toward the Swiss Alps.





Thursday 19 July


Freudenstadt, Germany. Love the fountains.

2 comments:

Stephanie Dickson said...

I love the story of the kissing teenagers. Way better than a beautiful waterfall photo! Oh to be young and in love, without kids pulling at you as you try to take a quick smooch!

Mary Anne said...

That picture of Joey has a lot of emotion to it. I really like it. And the kissing couple? Come ON. That is hilarious and annoying all at once.