22 June 2012

A year in pictures 2012: Week 25

Monday 18 June


Creepy bunny.

In an attempt to fill the days before Erick gets home, I joined some friends and went to an amusement park nearby called Wunderland. It was an experience of a lifetime.  The rides and cartoon figures are circa 1970. This place is like something out of a horror movie, faded paint, rusty metal, and abandoned toys. Yet somehow, we had the time of our lives.




Monday 18 June



Wunderland will have a post of its own some day. But I wanted to share this picture. It represents a traumatic moment on this day...

I was on a little child's train ride with my kids and another unsuspecting parent. The train was driving us through Dinosaur Land. We saw several enormous dinosaurs. It was a fun little ride until we got to the tunnel... As the train entered the tunnel, thousands of dull, yellow, flickering lights came to life and scratchy off-key music began to play... I swear, we entered a horror movie.

This tunnel was completely lined with old, broken, scary clowns. I was waiting for one of them to come to life to attack us. Luckily, that did not happen. I don't think I breathed through the entire tunnel. Good thing it was relatively short. But that music still haunts my dreams...





Tuesday 19 June


Today we went to a little outdoor park that has a pond and a pirate ship and self-propelled ferries. I was there with some of my favorite people. David was also there with some of his favorite people. I love little boy hugs!





Thursday 21 June


So excited!



No comments: