08 June 2012

A year in pictures 2012: Week 23

Friday 1 June


The time has come for soldiers to return to their families. This morning I witnessed a beautiful reunion. 





Saturday 2 June


Happy belated birthday Chanda! I didn't take this photo, but it was on my camera, so I'm posting it. Love you Chanda! Thanks for coming over to celebrate. I hope your wishes come true.





Sunday 3 June


David is wearing a hat that Dad sent from Afghanistan while making some strange faces. Love that boy.





Monday 4 June


A trip to the recycling center. I'm so grateful for my minivan. It fits a lot of junk.





Tuesday 5 June


This is our new MFLC (Military and Family Life Consultant). She introduced herself at FRG tonight. She is a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist who volunteers in our community to help soldiers and/or families to overcome some of the hardships of military life. Very cool.





Wednesday 6 June


I went to Bailey's class today. I was invited to an event titled "Young Authors' Cafe." The students served their guests refreshments and read stories and poems that they themselves had written. Here Bailey is reading one of her stories to me and TJ. She is a very good writer.





Thursday 7 June


Tonight I killed a cat. 
The cat's identity has been withheld out of respect to his family and friends.

Earlier this week, my neighbor was in a terrible crash trying to avoid hitting a cat. Her car was totaled. With that event still fresh on my mind and the stormy weather tonight, I did not slam on my breaks or swerve the car. I was driving fairly fast, and I hit the cat. It was not quite as traumatic as my last cat encounter. Click here to reminisce. But I was sad nonetheless.

I'm so sorry kitty. I hope you are resting in a beautiful heavenly place.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That looks like our cat...