07 March 2011
To be like Annie
My sister-in-law is brilliant. She is beautiful, smart, athletic, and adventurous. I want to be like her in many ways.
One thing in particular that has inspired me is this: She sets goals every year on her birthday. Then at the next birthday, she documents her experiences and accountability before setting new goals.
I plan to follow her example. I am anticipating some interesting challenges this year, and I would like to take some initiative to improve myself through those challenges. I need to make goals that can help me improve my abilities as a mother, wife, sister, child of God, student, teacher, friend, gospel scholar, member of the community, housekeeper, artist, athlete, etc. I need to work on spiritual, physical, and mental improvement.
This is where you come in. I need ideas. What goals have you set? Which have benefitted you the most? I need goals that are reasonable and attainable. Please remember that I am a mother of four young kids, and my husband is not often available to watch them. In April I will unveil my list of goals for the year.
Ready? Go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I know it sounds really unoriginal but I find that the two goals I find my self constantly trying to stay on top of that make the biggest difference are scripture study and exercise. Right now I try to do 20 min of excercise 3 times a week. I do DVDs because its freezing right now. Scripture study is the hardest, but I notice when I try to do it even if conditions are not ideal for it (quiet for a full half hour at a time when my body won't instantly shut down from holding still) I still learn a lot and can feel the spirit. Anyway, someday there are tons of other things I'd like to add to the list, but for this season right now that's about all I can handle which I'm fine with. Good Luck, I'm sure you'll do awesome!
This is the best I can give you at the moment. http://dustyandmaryanne.blogspot.com/2010/09/ranger-school-goals.html
I don't know how those would have played out under other circumstances (namely a longer separation), but I was actually able to achieve them...except maybe the dinner one. I did better than I probably would have, though. And that's what counts.
I already think you are amazing, but my cousin has here http://audri-30while30.blogspot.com/p/list.html has some cool things that she is doing this year.
How sweet are you?! I love you!
You should set a goal for your biking. Maybe you can find a race to do there or a group of people to ride with or just set a goal to get on your trainer.
Oh and I love the picture you found of me...classic Annie dorkiness.
1. Scriptures
2. Family prayer
3. Family Home evening
4. Sit down family dinner everyday
5. Child interviews each month.
And now for my own:
1. make housework fun for the kids (If it is fun for them it will be more fun for you)
2. Plan weekly fun outings (if you don't plan them other things will fill up your time)
3. Do family service projects (this produces the nicest thoughtful kids)
4. Do personal secret service (watch for something to do everyday)
5. Be spontaneous. You miss out on so much if you are too scheduled.
6. Call your mother. :)
Post a Comment