14 March 2011

A great pick-me-up

This weekend, Erick and I finally took time to attend the Frankfurt temple. We arrived late Friday evening. The temple was beautifully lit. This is not my picture, but I stole it from here because none of my night-time pictures turned out:



We were able to get patronage housing onsite. It was very affordable. This is what our room looked like:



This book was in the room. It gave detailed instructions in several different languages. It explained the "house" rules, gave check-out information (you clean and vacuum your own room after occupancy), explained where to find the cafeteria, gave locations of nearby parks and restaurants, and much more:



We went with Mary Anne and Dusty. We watched their kids while they spent time in the temple. Then they watched our kids while Erick and I did the same. Dusty and Mary Anne were a lot more fun than us (according to Bailey) because they took the kids out for a walk and had lots of snacks. :) As you can see, the kids had a great time:



Here is our little family in front of the sign at the entrance to the temple grounds:




Being inside the Lord's house with my husband was a great pick-me-up. It was nice to have a peaceful moment to contemplate our lives. I am so blessed with an amazing husband and beautiful children. I know that God lives, and he loves me and my family. He has a plan for me. I am so grateful that I was able to be married "for time and all eternity" in God's holy temple. There is no "'til death do you part" in our eternal family. Knowing this helps me feel great peace when I think of the dangers Erick may face in the years (and deployments) to come.  This site sums up my beliefs regarding families pretty well.


Here are some pictures that I took during the day:




A view of the Frankfurt skyline:



Stay tuned for pictures from Würzburg...

6 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

Very cool! I am so glad that you got to go!

Carie said...

How great is that to have a place to stay?!! Love it. We are headed to St. Louis this week for my "pick me up". Temple trips are the best.

We're All Wright said...

I'm so glad you got to go to the temple. Another fun family adventure!It looks like a fun place to stay too.

Mary Anne said...

Much needed indeed. So glad we got to go, but SO SAD that we missed out on Wuerzburg. Maybe next time :)

Tracy Collings said...

That's cool that they have a place for families to stay. What a fun thing to do.

Glora said...

Beautiful. What an amazing experience for you and your family. And I love that you are taking so many pictures. They will treasure these memories forever.