12 August 2009

What happens when you get two awesome families together that share the last name?

FUN!!

DSCN4091

On our way home from Kentucky, we stopped off in beautiful Lee's Summit to visit Rick and Andee.

We had a great time. The above picture demonstrates how excited we were to be together (and eat ice cream, of course).

We didn't stay long, but Joey, Bailey, and TJ found ample time to play with their fabulous cousins: Connor, Daniel, and Garrett.

They created an amazing fort in the basement using blankets and a tent. Here they are showing it off:

DSCN4085

They created individual rooms within the fort where they could sleep. I was pretty impressed that they did sleep fairly well despite the excitement that naturally comes when fabulous cousins get together.

Here is a better view of the whole project:

DSCN4089

I found this taped to the outside:

DSCN4092

Unfortunately, I am slightly older than the requisite age for joining the club. So sad.

I was impressed with how well all the kids got along. We had a great stay. Thanks Rick and Andee!

DSCN4087

3 comments:

Carie said...

How fun! I always say: there is something magical about cousins.

Anonymous said...

What a clever bunch of kids you all have there. Love the sign. :)

desertortoise said...

I loved making tent blankets growing up, still kinda do. It's fabulous when all the cousins love playing together!