Last Monday our family joined a few other families in our neighborhood for Family Home Evening. (Click HERE to find out more about Family Home Evening. It's a great tradition. I highly recommend it!)
We had a fun lesson from Bridget about service. Then we cleaned the community area in our apartment complex for our service project.
Here is Bridget teaching the kids that would actually sit still for a few minutes. (Notice T.J. is not in the picture):
Here are Damaris and Bridget (the instigators of this fun activity) in the "scary" part of the community area. They found broken glass and rotten food. Thanks ladies! I'm grateful that my kids didn't discover these treasures before these amazing women cleaned it up:
Here are Joey and Bailey raking leaves and picking up trash. I was very impressed. My girls worked very hard:
When the area was clean, we had treats! Damaris made cupcakes for everyone. Thanks Damaris! Here are Rachel, Joey, and Bailey taking their first bites:
Although T.J. skipped out on most of the hard work, he still enjoyed a cupcake with the rest of the kids.
4 comments:
how fun, sounds like you all got lots done!
Wow! That is such a cool idea!
Oh fine, your temptation worked...I'm moving back!!!!!!! I loved combined FHE's!!!
How fun! If you ever need extra adult hands or supervision feel free to invite Brigham and I over for the FHE's!
Post a Comment