My response was: "You already know the answer to that, so don't tease me if you're not serious."
I would love, love, love to be stationed in Germany, but I really don't want to get my hopes up if it's not a possibility.
It turns out that a fellow officer with orders to go to Germany really doesn't want to go. His fiance lives near Ft. Hood, and he would really like to live near her. When he found out that Erick was going to Ft. hood, he asked Erick if he would be willing to trade orders.
Now I don't know much about this Army thing yet, but apparently while he is at BOLC III, which is the third part of Erick's training, he is allowed to switch orders as long as both parties are 100% happy with the idea.
Erick called his executive officer (XO) to approve the plan, and the XO said there should be no problem. However, he did warn Erick that there was a 10% chance his request for switching orders could be denied. With a 90% chance of it happening, I'm now allowing my hopes to build.
We won't find out officially until May, which is when I graduate, so I'm hoping that my graduation present is an extended (three year) trip to Germany.
I guess the biggest question I need to answer is: Which cute outfit will TJ get to wear?
Aren't they darling?
12 comments:
Very cool. When my parents were first married, and a month after my oldest brother was born, my dad was stationed in Germany. Mom came a few months later. So Shell (my brother) could get a little older. They were there for three years as well. Mom loved it there! In fact, my other brother was born in Germany. Dad has gotten to go back a couple of times, without us :(. And Steve's parents were also stationed in Germany for three years as well. About ten years after my parents were there. They too, had their second child while in Germany. That would be so awesome if you guys got to go there. You'll have to fill me in on the details in an e-mail. Maybe it'll be the same place that my parents and in-laws were stationed!
Oh my GOODNESS would I be jealous! I hope you get to go. I love how adventurous your life is. I have to just count the daily little adventures of life, or I would go crazy wishing I was living somewhere in Europe!
I'm so excited for you! I hope that works out.
SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! HOLY FREAKIN' MOLY girl!!!! That would be so insanely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I won't allow myself to get excited for you yet (but I'm lying because I know you'll go and I can't even believe it and I hope you'll pack me along). That is so exciting!!! I can't wait to hear what happens!!!!!!!! Love and miss you guys!
Tara, your hair is adorable and what a cute family. sure do love you guys. Uncle curtis & Aunt judy
Oh my goodness! My fingers are crossed for you guys! That would be so great! I'm excited to read updates! We miss you guys!
That is so cool Tera. I can't wait to find out more!!
wow! that would be so awesome to live in germany! what a great adventure for your family. i know that you would make great missionaries wherever the lord leads you! on a side note, did you get the videos that i emailed you? also, i had a dream 2 nights ago that you were pregnant. hmmm. about that...?
also, eastern europe is a great place to get funky little short hair cuts, but i may need to fly out once or twice just to make sure youre being taken care of.
Exciting! Keep us posted!
Tera! what an adventure you are about to embark, even if you only go to Texas! Jeremy's family lived in Germany for three years while his dad was stationed there and They loved it so I hope you go!!
I AM JEALOUS! That is awesome! I hope you get to go.
That would be awesome! My husband was born in Germany because his dad was stationed there. Where would he be based at there?
Post a Comment