19 May 2013

Mother's day with the neighborhood

One of the many things I love about our neighborhood is that we know how to barbecue. For Mother's Day this year, we had dinner together. I love tasting all the delicious goodies created by my talented neighbors.

Because of the rain, we moved our side dishes into Tanja's place:






I know you are eyeballing that beautiful pink cake. Don't worry. I took a close-up:






Gaby made the cake along with an amazing bean/vegetable/cilantro salad to which I am now addicted. Thanks Gaby!





The weather cleared up enough to still barbecue outside:





The kids prefered staying outside, although they still had to battle some rain showers. They got creative:






Erick caught pictures of me licking frosting off the side of my plate. It was so, so good:











It was a good day with good friends.

2 comments:

The King Family said...

Happy be-lated Mother's Day to one awesome mama!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a special day! You are an amazing mother!