As we walked toward Buda castle, we happened upon a row of boat-tour businesses. Only one was open this day, so Erick decided we should take a break from walking and hop on for a ride. We sat in the very front where we were surrounded by windows. It was a nice scenic break:
We listened to the headphones to learn about the sites as we passed them:
David was a little confused about where we were. We're on the big blue water buddy... no, no. At the top of the map... close enough, I guess:
Erick. Trying not to smile:
The windows were pretty dirty and hazy. It made pictures of the sites tough. But it didn't stop David from waving to the birds as they flew by:
My budding photographer:
At this point, I took Erick's advice to brave the cold and head outside where I could get photos without the distracting windows:
Bailey and I remained outside for the remainder of the ride. Here are some of the photos I captured.... The Parliament:
Matthias Church and Fisherman's Bastion:
Buda Castle up on the left:
Gellert Hill and the Citadel:
The Chain Bridge:
On shore after our boat tour, we saw this cool plaque-thing attached to a building. It showed how high the water had risen during flood years. It was pretty remarkable to imagine the Danube so much altered. (I'm pretty sure Erick is faking this smile while looking down at one of our kids, who was in the middle of a meltdown... a story for another time maybe... but Erick is trying really hard to keep it together. He makes me smile):
















1 comment:
I love love love following your blog! How far away is Budapest? Did you stay somewhere? Xoxo
Post a Comment