13 January 2012

A year in pictures 2012: Week 2

Friday 6 January


Tonight we set up a tent in the living room and watched a movie. The kids have a fun Hello Kitty tent that we usually use for events such as this, but tonight they would not be satisfied unless we used Dad's tent. It's amazing how such a small thing can help them feel closer to their Dad. 





Saturday 7 January


Today I attended a baby shower for my friend Maggie. This tutu was both a decoration for the shower and a gift for the cute baby girl who will soon be arriving.





Sunday 8 January


David had a bath tonight. He loves baths. Can you tell?





Sunday 8 January again


Moments after his bath, I walked in on him doing this. He was completely entertained. It's amazing how a new wipe magically appears each time he rips one out of the box. 





Monday 9 January


I started a biggest-loser-type weight loss challenge today. Also, Deanna came over with her cute boys. She made dinner. Yummy marinara sauce from scratch. Mmmm... It was divine. After dinner, I began to wonder if someone from the weight loss competition was paying her to sabotage my first week. It was so good, I sort of threw the idea of "portion control" out the window.





Tuesday 10 January


The January blues. 
It's a term I've heard before but never really thought much about... until this January when those blues hit me square in the face. After the fun and excitement of Christmas died down, I felt low. I experienced a bit of heart ache and carried some burdens that I didn't want to carry.

Today while I was driving, this gorgeous sunset shocked me out of my sadness. Immediately the words from a scripture came to mind. "...all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it... do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." (Alma 30:44, Book of Mormon).

I know that God is in control. I know that He is aware of me and my struggles, and He wants me to be happy.

I also reminded myself that Christ atoned for the sins of mankind, and through His atonement, He can take away the pain caused from sin and heartache. He can also take away the January blues... if I let Him. If I believe Him. 

And I do. 

Bye bye blues. You're not welcome here any more.





Wednesday 11 January


We were notified earlier this week, that a few soldiers from downrange were coming home early. We wanted to make sure the soldiers from our company knew we loved them, so as an FRG, we made welcome home posters. Welcome home Spartans!





Thursday 12 January


Self portrait.
Remember my goals? I'm working everyday to train for my half marathon. I can do it... right?

8 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

Tera, you look incredible! I'm sorry you're blue. January kind of stinks... Love you!

Andee Blackham said...

Keep up the great work, your lookin good chica.

Leah said...

Tera! I love your pictures the one of the sunset is breathtaking and you look AMAZING! Way to go with your exercise goals. I seriously need some of your motivation. You are so strong- thank you for your good example. Love you:)

Unknown said...

You are looking so good! You can definitely do the half marathon, and look good doing it. Or at least as good as anyone looks after running 13.1 miles :)

I am so sorry to hear that you have been blue, and so glad that the Lord spoke to you through a sunset. Love you!

Mary Anne said...

I said it on FB and I'll say it again...YOU ARE TEENY! Go Tera, Go!
And I'm sorry you were hit by the blues. Call me anytime. I'm as serious as a heart attack.
My family is starting a weight loss/wellness challenge soon! I've sort of started, but this will be a fun change. Every time I want a cookie I might just think of that picture of you on the treadmill.

Marianne said...

You're killing me, soeur. I'm expecting again, or I'd be training for a half-marathon with you. But I wouldn't look as good as you are right now! Seriously! :)

Anonymous said...

Um, Tera, you look awesome! You can totally do this. :) And you're amazing.

Chris said...

A great week of pictures here. The reflection of the sunset in the lake is downright surreal.

The shot of your kids in their dad's tent gave me a genuine lump in my throat -- what a great moment!