16 September 2010

Warning: baby photo overload intended for the grandmas

This month has been pretty eventful for the newest addition of our crew. I do not wish to bore you with all these pictures, but I will claim they are only for the grandmas who live so far away (and secretly hope you all oooo and ahhh over them).  Ha ha!

David was blessed by his father in church this month. He wore the same blessing outfit that TJ wore, which was made using my wedding dress. My awesome neighbor, Pam, took pictures of David in his outfit:







David is literally smothered with love in our house. The other kids can't get enough of him. They are always holding him and trying to get his attention. I absolutely love having two extra little mothers who help me take care of him any chance they get:





Last weekend, Erick and I attended a dinner with Erick's battalion. At the dinner, they presented Baby David with a pewter baby mug engraved with his name and birth date. It also had the battalion lion on the front. Very cool:



At church there are several women who have had or are going to have babies within a few months of each other. I am one of those women. A very thoughtful friend from our congregation decided to throw a baby shower for all of us. We had a great time. 

I loved socializing with all the other women and meeting all the other babies. In this picture, I am goofing around with Lydia, a friend of mine who should have her baby any day:



While I was in the hospital preparing to deliver David, Erick picked up some onesies. He got a package of them that have the days of the week in German. I love them. I think they are so cute. Plus I get to practice my German skills every time I get the boy dressed. (Sonntag is Sunday by the way):


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, how sweet! Those tiny little baby toes and little onesies (German an otherwise) almost make me want a little baby. Almost. :)

Carolyn said...

What beautiful pictures. He is such a cute baby and the kids are so cute together.

Rachel said...

Hey, that wasn't NEAR enough pictures to satisfy me! Hehe! Your family is so cute and how sweet to have a shower and that mug! What special memories. I love the baby onesies too!!!

Marianne said...

What a cutie! I love that we're going through similar experiences, half a world away! :)

Bridget said...

So, so, cute and I love that his blessing outfit is out of your wedding dress material. I bet that your kids are so great with him, he is one lucky little baby to have such adorable siblings and a fantastic mother!

*Katie* said...

He looks so like a Blackham! You have the most beautiful family :) Miss you! You look fantastic!

Damaris said...

He is a gorgeous boy!

Nicole Anderson said...

I agree with Rachel- WE NEED MORE PHOTOS of you and your family and little baby David! I LOVE looking at them! So cute, so precious, such a wonderful family and great example for us! :)

Brianne said...

Okay... So where are you hiding the rest of the pictures? That wasn't nearly enough for me! Nevertheless, I rightfully ooo'd and awed your handsome little dude!

We're All Wright said...

I was ready to sit down and do the grandma overload baby thing that you promised and feel completely jipped! Besides a baby overload of pictures for grandma is an oxy-moron!!

desertortoise said...

I agree, we were gypped. But I love all the pictures! Such cute kids!!

Hawkins Family said...

Pictures are never a bore...especially of your kids and that adorable baby! Keep more coming! (gees, I hope people don't think my blog is a bore. I OVERLOAD it with baby photos....oh well, it is more like my journal anyway!) Your friend did a great job on those pictures. I, too, need to learn to use my nice camera better. Hope all is well.

Hawkins Family said...

P.S. how on earth did you get that shot of all 4 kids. They are all looking, smiling and being so cooperative. It is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the baby pictures! We have neighbors with the last name Sonntag.