My mother-in-law reminded me that I have slacked off on my "I love my house" blogging series. She is right, and I hadn't even noticed. So I will try to incorporate it back into my blogging routine.
Because of the excessive pressure I received from Erin and Susan, I decided to do a quick video walk-through of the main level of my house. I made the video back in November. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to post, so I put it off.
Now I've decided to try again. So here is another attempt to show you my family room and dining area. I hope these photos can give you a general idea.
I actually really love my house, so I am happy to show it off a little. I took a picture from each corner of the room. As you can see, I decided to paint the walls with the free yellow paint offered by the Army housing office. Believe me, it's much better than leaving it white:
That big white circle behind the love-seat is a fan. I know it's not pretty, but with no air conditioning, I want to be prepared for the summer heat (not that I have felt it yet. It's been cold and rainy for quite a while).
Also, if you look out the window, you can see TJ's raised sand box.
The wooden chair in the back corner is our makeshift piano bench (I guess it's actually a keyboard bench, but you get the idea). A regular chair is too low for the girls to comfortably practice. But this seems to work great.
Did you notice the REAL plant? (It's next to the bookshelf.) I know. You're surprised. A neighbor that is moving gave it to me. I have already had it for over 24 hours, and I haven't killed it. I think I'm off to a good start.
So that's it. I love my yellow living room. It isn't anything spectacular, but it's comfortable. Come visit, and you can see it first hand along with the rest of the house.
9 comments:
It looks very Homey, I love it.
I love your yellow walls. Nothing says home to me like yellow. It looks like you have nice big windows with a nice view of green outside. It's cold and rainy here too. Bring on summer!
What a wonderful room. The walls, the windows and furniture make it all seem so open and airy!
I love it! I'm also jealous of your matching furniture. :)
I too wish for matching furniture. I really love it!
Finally!!!! Looks great! Way to go!
I love it!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!! And I love the soft yellow color, so perfect!
We really really like your home! Wish we COULD come and visit you! Grandma Dickson
Wow and it is so clean! Love it Mom
Post a Comment