15 April 2010

The North Sea

Last weekend we traveled to the Netherlands (Holland). We stayed in this little bungalow near the beach:

DSC_0689

Our bungalow had three bedrooms, a full kitchen, a fireplace, and a living room. It was very roomy and comfortable. It was located on a little compound (Sunparks) that had all sorts of family fun things to experience.

We started out by playing on the unique playground. This is a bizarre merry-go-round:

DSC_0130

The kids loved it. Here is another spinning toy thing:

DSC_0143

We met up with our friends/neighbors for dinner. On the compound, they had several restaurants and shops. Here the kids are waiting for their hamburgers (which were not made of beef, but some sort of sausage-like meat product) while watching turtles and fish swim:

DSC_0149

By walking five minutes away from our bungalow, we found ourselves on the beach of The North Sea:

 DSC_0154

The girls gathered seashells:

DSC_0157

DSC_0182

DSC_0185

Erick and I enjoyed the cool breeze and the kids’ excitement:

DSC_0187

DSC_0190

DSC_0198

DSC_0192

Back to the compound (the term “compound” makes it sound like a cultish-type place. It was not. I want to call it a campground, but there was no camping, just our cute bungalows. hmmm. I’ll stick with compound, because there was a fence around it.)

There was a bowling alley. We played one evening before dinner. Erick officially won, but the kids don’t know that:

DSC_0666 

DSC_0670 

DSC_0671 

DSC_0665

After some all-you-can-eat Chinese, the kids sat down to digest:

DSC_0675

To continue digesting, we decided to take a turn on the jumping castle. This also helped the kids get very tired:

DSC_0678

We will definitely stay in a Sunparks bungalow again. We have learned that there are several Sunparks located in Belgium and France. I’m thinking I need to visit the south of France. Would you like to come? This is your official invitation. Let’s go!

7 comments:

Carie said...

What an amazing experience for your family to visit such incredible places! Holland? North Sea? It's a dream come true.

Megh said...

This looks like so much fun! I love reading your posts, and constantly dream of visiting you in Germany!

Laurence and Sidney said...

What fun family time and experiences of a lifetime!!

Stacy said...

I must admit, I am a little jealous of all of your European adventures. How lucky are your kids?! Love Europe...and very tempted to come visit you at some point!

Marianne said...

I'm itching to get back to France. It's been 2 1/2 years now since I've been to Europe, and I need to plan something! :) (It keeps me sane!)

Bump and Erin said...

I'm in! I want to see the Mediterranean.

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun. We have a foreign exchange student friend who is from Narbonne-Plage, France he keeps saying we should visit. we will have to see what the future brings.